This is my knock-your socks off, “I’m trying to impress you” dish.
⁃ 1 1/2 lbs salmon (farmed)
⁃ 1 crown broccoli
⁃ 1 Tbsp butter
⁃ 2 cloves garlic
⁃ 1/2tsp ground ginger
⁃ 2 Tbsp honey
⁃ 1 cup balsamic vinegar
⁃ 2 Tbsp olive oil
⁃ 1 tsp salt
⁃ 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
⁃ 2 tsp granulated garlic
⁃ 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
⁃ 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Closely trim broccoli florets, and place on baking tray. Place salmon skin-side down on tray.
2. Sprinkle salmon and broccoli evenly with ground garlic, salt, & pepper. Drizzle both with olive oil, and drizzle apple cider vinegar over broccoli only.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and sweat minced garlic until fragrant. Add ground ginger and honey, whisking rapidly to prevent burning. Turn on stove top fan.
4. Roast tray for 15-17 mins (depending on salmon thickness.) Remove from oven and place Parmesan cheese over broccoli. Return to oven for 3 minutes.
5. Add balsamic vinegar to saucepan and continue whisking. Turn to medium-high heat, and continue whisking. Allow sauce to reduce by 1/2 until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6. Drizzle sauce over salmon and serve!
⁃ The acid from the apple cider vinegar cuts the bitterness and allows the sweetness of roasted broccoli to come through. This is my secret to roasting any veggie!
⁃ The reducing balsamic vinegar is quite pungent- turn on a fan to reduce odor. Don’t put your face right above the saucepan.
⁃ Roasting the protein and veg together cuts down on dishes. If the salmon skin is difficult to remove from baking tray, let it soak overnight in the sink.
– I choose farmed salmon due to the ecological destruction wild-caught salmon causes.